How to become a member?
How to join the LFFA?
Prospective members are to arrive at our office at Pērnavas iela 62 in person.
Prospective members will be asked to present their passport and orphan’s court decision documents. If the young person under care has already reached the age of 18, a statement from an educational establishment is required confirming that the young person is continuing his or her studies.
Since 2013 young people who have reached the age of 18 (orphans or young people left without parental care) may also join the Association if they continue their studies. Support is provided to young people until the age of 18.
Benefits of membership
- An assortment of development and educational classes at Dzeguzēns support centre;
- Moral support in problematic situations;
- Participation in both local and international projects;
- Potential trips to the theatre, cinema, and museums;
- Humanitarian aid at least 4 times a year;
- Participation in events organized by the Association, for instance: Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Easter events;
- Food packages at least twice a year;
- Mobile heath care services at the Mobile Health Care Centre (in cooperation with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Latvia);
- Association's advisory support to new initiatives;
- Opportunity to inform the public about the achievements of their foster child under the care LFFA on the Association's website at www.labiedriba.lv.
What do we expect from our members? Participation in events and activities organized by the Association!
In accordance with the Articles of Latvian Foster Family Association, membership fee is EUR 2.50 per month.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us – 26004103, email@example.com
See you soon!