Mission and objectives
Our mission is to support families that raise children who have been left without the care of their biological parents
GOALS AND ACTIVITIES
In order to achieve its mission, the Latvian Foster Family Association has set the following goals:
• To promote the social inclusion of children and youth under the care of foster parents and guardians
This includes organizing various events for children (Easter, Christmas), culture events for families and the EU youth exchange program.
• To provide assistance to foster families and guardians
This includes attracting financial and in-kind support to foster families, including food and clothing (3-6 times a year).
• To serve as a platform for the exchange of experience and knowledge among its members and partners
Activities include hosting informative seminars and conferences on various children rights issues and on the duties of foster parents and guardians.
• To promote cooperation with the state and regional authorities, NGOs and the private sector in raising awareness about alternative child care, and to achieve a positive change in family policy
Activities include taking an active part in the meetings with MPs and Welfare Ministry officials to raise awareness of LFFA activities and current events for children in alternative care. LFFA is a member of the Alternative Childcare Alliance. LFFA closely cooperates with the social service and the custody courts of “Vecumnieki un Stopini”, and with the social institutions of the Riga City Council and Limbazi City Council
• To raise awareness of the work of foster families and guardians
Activities include regular communication with the media about the events and activities of LFFA.